Sunday, June 12, 2011

James LeRoy

Been listening to some oldies lately....they don't make music like that anymore.  I am especially enjoying James LeRoy's music......his music kinda soothes me.  It's a mellow type of music that takes me back to my teenage days.  I would love to go back to those days, just for a very brief time.  Everything was so carefree and innocent. Mom was always there when I got home from school.  Things I took for granted, I have a newer and better appreciation for since being an adult with my own child.  My greatest hope is that I can be as good a Mom to Jessica as my Mom has been for me and my siblings.  I always say "if I can only be half the woman my Mom is, then my life is complete."  Dad was a very special and well respected man up until the day he died on February 13, 1993.....the day my whole world came crashing down.....he was my idol and my first love.  I was always a Daddy's little girl so when he passed, part of me died that day too. 

I am going to my Mom's for a week.  Really looking forward to spending some time with her.  I don't have anything planned but just Mom/Daughter time and Jess is coming along too so that makes it even better.  Will be taking my camera with me so hopefully will take some pictures.

Can't believe this is June alrady...the weathr ahs been so cold and damp.  5 degrees today and very windy....guess  I will put the car in drive and the wind can take us!  Will write again during the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment